Join us on Saturday, December 7th beginning at 7 p.m. for an amazing evening celebrating the wild U.P. at the Marquette Federation of Women’s Clubs. It’s been an amazing year and we’re honored to celebrate with The Terminal Orchestra, a … Continue reading
Looks like Lundin Mining inherited a transportation route mess from Rio Tinto when it bought the Eagle Mine located 30 miles north of Marquette. The Marquette County Road Commission (MCRC) is considering a plan to use eminent domain to seize … Continue reading
In April, SWUP Executive Director, Alexandra Thebert, traveled to London as part of of a campaign to bring community concerns to Rio Tinto’s Annual General Meeting. Below are her comments before the board, and a response from Rio Tinto CEO … Continue reading
April 5, 2013 MARQUETTE – Testing by Rio Tinto and the Superior Watershed Partnership has confirmed the presence of uranium in water samples from the bottom of a rock storage area at the Eagle Mine, which exceeds the federal maximum … Continue reading
- Economist presents results of copper mining study
- Do you Wanna Save the Wild UP? Join our Intern Corps!
- Join us for our Deer Season Bash Nov. 20th!
- Here is example of what a compromise is not | Gene Champagne
- Save the Wild U.P. releases local candidate questionnaire results — showing agreement to protect environment and promote sustainable economy
- Rio Tinto Targets Clean Water Advocates in Wisconsin
- In victory at Crandon, lessons for a new proposal | Al Gedicks and Dave Blouin
- Kick-off celebration of U.P.’s Trap Hills huge success
- “Nonprofit” jointly created by regulators and industry execs heads to court Thursday